Places to Stay
Courtyard Square, Middlebury, VT (2.7 MLS)
309 Court Street, Middlebury, VT ( 1.4 MLS)
457 East Main St, East Middlebury, VT (2.5 MLS)
Swift House Inn
25 Stewart Lane, Middlebury, VT (2.9 MLS)
Inn on the Green
19 South Pleasant St, Middlebury, VT (2.5 MLS)
From I-89 - Quickest Way:
(You cross 2 VT mountains so you will need 4-wheel drive in winter - if driving
conditions are bad please consider the alternative route listed next)
- I-89 North to Exit 3, Bethel Vermont.
- Take a right at bottom of ramp onto Route 107 (Main Street)
- Go about 4.2 miles, through the little town
- Just as you pass a double stone retaining wall on your right, take a left over
the stone bridge
- After the bridge, veer right at the next intersection, staying on Route 12
- Follow Route 12 for about 5 miles and take a left (it will be on a big wide corner
veering left) onto Campbrook Road (Town Hwy 2 - also known as Bethel Mountain Road).
- Follow all the way for about 7 miles. The road will come to an end at Middle Hollow
Road, take a left.
- Follow Middle Hollow Road 1.3 miles down the hill to the town of Rochester.
- Take a right onto Route 100.
- Follow Route 100 for about 4.3 miles into the little town of Hancock.
- Take a left onto Route 125.
- Follow Route 125 all the way up and over the hill, you will be on Route 125 for
about 16 miles. Follow all the way to Route 7.
- Follow Route 7 North for about 2.3 miles to 1741 Route 7 South.
- Turn right into driveway off Route 7 (just after Foster Motors on your right).
From I-89 South - Alternative and From I-89 North - Best Route:
- I-89 North to Exit 13, I-189 interchange.
- Follow I-189 to Route 7 - Take a left at bottom of ramp onto Route 7 South
- Follow Route 7 for about 32 miles. You will go through the towns of Shelburne,
Charlotte, Vergennes and New Haven Junction.
- As you come down a hill into Middlebury you will come to a set of traffic lights
( Maplefield’s Store is on your right)
- Continue South in left lane around Court Square .
- Turn right onto Court Street.
- Go 1.7 miles to 1741 Route 7 South.
- Turn left into driveway off Route 7 (just after Foote Street).
- Once in Vermont, take Exit 6 off I-91 (Rockingham Exit).
- At bottom of off ramp, take a left heading east onto Route 103 (if you are coming
from I-91 north, take a right at bottom of ramp to head east)
- Follow Route 103 to town of Chester (about 10.5 miles).
- Make a right just before town, staying on Route 103 (locally called Maple St.).
- Continue to follow Route 103 for approx. 35 miles till Route 103 ends at Route
- Take a right onto Route 7 North.
- Follow Route 7 for approx. 34.7 miles to Middlebury.
- Turn Right into driveway off Route 7 (just after Foster Motors on your right).
- Follow I-87 to Exit 20. Turn Right onto Ramp towards Rte 149 / Fort Ann / Whitehall.
- Turn left onto US-9, and half a mile later turn right on Rte 149. Follow for approx.
- Turn left onto US-4, follow for 22 miles into Vermont.
- Take Exit 4.
- Turn left at end of off ramp onto Route 30 North. Follow for approx. 30 miles
all the way into downtown Middlebury, continue through town.
- Turn right onto Route 7.
- Stay straight onto Court Square
- Turn Right onto Court Street (Route 7 South)
- Continue on Route 7 for 2.1 miles.
- Take a left into driveway off Route 7 (just after Foote Street).